Saturday, April 7, 2007

Problem

It seems that knitting diagonally uses more yarn. If I use only the 2 skeins of verigated yarn that I have, I won't be able to make a nice long scarf for my pal.



So I added the solid purple I had bought but I didn't like the different texture with the verigated. So I ripped it and tried another one....and ripped it and tried another one.



I like the last one but in ripping and ripping I found now I didn't have the correct number of stitches since I was ripping increases and decreases. I never do that very well.



So I added a few stitches back and been working it for awhile. So, each end will be verigated and the middle section will be purple. I'll probably post a photo after doing more to it.

1 comment:

gemma said...

Hi,
Your blog has come a long way since your first post. Your scarf looks pretty, great yarn, catchy pattern. Like the idea of a solid between the coloured bits, makes it stretch a little further.

Keep going the scarf looks inspiring.
Cheers an ISE4 buddy, Gemma