1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love soft merino wool and different blends....wool/cotton, wool/mohair, alpaca blend, cashmere blend. I don’t like plain acrylic any more....even though that’s what I used when I first taught myself to knit. I’m working on a shawl using some Noro that I received from another swap and I loved the colors!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have several tote bags.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself to knit in the ‘70s and stopped...have no idea why. I started up again a couple of years ago. I consider myself a low intermediate or high beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon list but haven’t updated it in awhile. Let me know if you would like me to do that.
5. What's your favorite scent?
This is a toughy. I like lavender but also like lilac. It’s not common here where I live but we used to have bushes on either side of our front porch when I was growing up and the smell walking out the front door was wonderful! Then again there's eucalyptus.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Doesn’t everyone have a sweet tooth??!!! Chocolate of course!! I try to eat only good dark chocolate. No nuts. Just as an FYI – I am allergic to strawberries and wheat. My snacks are gluten-free.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Knitting is the only crafty thing I do.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love a variety: jazz, jazz fusion, latin jazz, reggae, steel drum, andean, african. Can you tell I like mostly instrumental music??!! Yup, I can play mp3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love jewel tones...royal purple, aqua, turquoise, royal blue, kelly green, red, black, gray. I don’t like orange, brown, yellow, not into pastels much. I love variegated!!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyrfriend...no pets. I have an adult son.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I live in Houston so there’s not many days one can wear this stuff. But I try to wear whenever I get the chance! I like scarves, hats...maybe a light poncho. I like shawls and can’t wait to finish the one I’m working on...a design as I go. I like light-weight scarves...kinda lacy but not necessarily “true” lace...just a lot of Yos, and increases. I would love some fingerless mittens!! My office is always cold!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like scarves, baby blankets, wall hangings, shawls.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I’m working on that darn shawl I keep mentioning, a scarf for red scarf project, fingerless gloves. That’s about it.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
My faves are bamboo circs.
6. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I guess about 2 years old....a shawl that I started when I first got back into knitting...it keeps staring at me.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Whichever one I get to see my son. He lives in CA and we’ve been meeting for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t subscribe to anything. I just bought Lacy Little Knits so I’m dying to try to make something from it. Of course, it recommends Artyarns since it’s the author’s company. I love her yarn. I also love other soft merino, love silk too. Don’t think I mentioned that before. I think rosewood needles are gorgeous!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I went to Stitches West in February and took a class on continental knitting. I just can’t do the purling! I need to practice but get frustrated quickly!! I would love to do slip stitch and double knitting work with lots of colors.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet. Size 7 shoe.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Am I on what?????