Thursday, September 6, 2007

CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Are you religious? I consider myself spiritual.

2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? Just came back to knitting a couple of years ago. Advanced Beginner

3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Reading, 'Net surfing :-), Music


4. Favorite color(s)? jewel tones: red, purple, royal blue, hot turquoise, kelly green, black. I love variegated yarn!! No orange, yellow, brown, pastels.


5. Do you collect anything? kokopelli, books, music, yarn


6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? no


7. Do you have any pets? no


8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Tea! I drink a lot of herbal and different flavored green teas...DECAF please. No chamomille...just can't take the smell. I've been trying different white teas, but decaf is hard to fine. I've tried rooibois red tea, but don't like it.


9. Cookies or Sweets? I love both. But I am ALLERGIC TO WHEAT AND STRAWBERRY. So my snacks have to be GLUTEN FREE. Not crazy about nuts in things. Love chocolate anything!


10. Do you knit socks? Not yet.


11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) scarves, baby blankets, afghans, shawls, things I can design as I go.


12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Used to. Now I usually have a bunch of poinsettia plants around.


13. Favorite holiday treats? Chocolate Rum Balls, :-) Pies! (used to be)


14. Favorite holiday smells? pine, food cooking


15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Very traditional Christmas growing up and when my son was young. Not as much celebration these times.


16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Turkey with all the fixins including fresh green beans with melted butter,


17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Giving.


18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? A shining star.


19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? The ones that come quickly to mind are when I used to save my money as a kid and buy gifts for my family. I would really have to sacrifice to get nice things for them. I remember getting my mother a hair dryer which she wanted and couldn't afford.

Also when my son was young and Legos came into being, I used to buy him a big set and a little one every year. He loved those things!!

He and I have a tradition which he started when he was young. He buys me a calendar every year. Beautiful color photos of something he knows I would ilke. A few years ago, I started getting him one every year too. For the past 3 years, he has had one created with photos he has taken on his travels.


20. When do you start your Christmas? I'm a late bird.


21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? ecards


22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Fresh homemade cranberry sauce.


23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Join in! Request my favorite: The Little Drummer Boy.


24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Morning


25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Now it's friends unless my son comes to visit.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great answers to your questionnaire! Loved your answer to number 17.

Great to get to know you better and I can't wait for this swap to start!

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Betty-Jean! A lot of your answers are similar to mine :) My husband always buys a couple pointsettias right around Thanksgiving for me and they definitely add to the Christmas spirit in our house! Hope you are enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

ICJ said...

I got your package yesterday! Thank you so much! You are truely an Angel!

Merry Christmas! :-)

Isabelle