1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?
I use both loose and bags.
2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)?
I drink mainly decaf green tea of different flavors. I love Stashtea, Republic of Tea to name just a couple. I love herbals also…except chamomile. Can’t do the smell. I received a Twinings sampler from a pal in another swap that we don’t seem to have here. She’s from Wales. It was wonderful! Fruity herbals.
3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
I would like to try more white tea. They have lots of different types and flavors now.
4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?
At work, I’m a hot water heater but at home I’m a teapot kinda girl.
5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?
Cute tea bag holders. More tea for one sets.
6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).
Yummy treats!! But I have allergies. I’m allergic to strawberries and wheat so I have to have gluten free snacks.
7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?
Hmmm…interesting question. I would like to be a really, really soft merino. A lot of people would want to squeeze me. More people would be able to afford me than would be able to buy cashmere.
8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?
I would knit the scarf. I don’t like fair isle and never have done booties. The scarf is easy for me to design as I go using different colors and types together.
9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)
I’m now into Zumba!! Latin aerobics! It’s so much fun and such a good workout.
10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)
Sweet of course!! Pastries, cake, muffins, fancy cookies, scones! But alas they all have to be gluten free which Whole Foods (and here in TX HEB) now has quite an inventory.
11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute?
I do a lot of design on the fly knitting. But with a pattern I usually would substitute to something I had or liked.
12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go?
I have quite a few tote bags of various sizes.
13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?
I’m not much of a movie person…i watched Dance with Me and French Kiss again over the weekend while I worked on my shawl.
14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?
Match?? What’s that? I love mugs!! The bigger the better!
15. Favorite childhood birthday party?
I only remember having 1 birthday party.
16. Favorite type of scone and jam?
Fig or blueberry jam with scones with raisins.
17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent?
I love eucalyptus and lavender.
18. If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead).
Isaac Newton (I once did a school report on him and wondered how he thought about stuff), Maya Angelou (a fascinating person whom I have had the pleasure of hearing speak), and my son (because he’s my bud).
19. You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?
CASUAL ALL THE WAY!!! I can wear jeans right?
20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?
The strawberry thing, the wheat thing (need gluten free yummies). I love chocolate! But try to only eat good dark chocolate. No nuts though. Drink mainly decaf and herbals.
21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
Ask me whatever you like!! Did you ask my favorite colors of yarn???? Jewel tones: purple, kelly green, bright blue, aqua, turquoise, red, black, gray. I love variegated!! No orange, yellow, brown, pastels.